Sunday 8 February 2015

My Memories of the years I've lived...

Hello Everyone!

 This week has been so crazy. Its had so many ups and downs and I felt like I just needed to escape for a weekend to let everything get back to normal! Some weeks (like this one), I just feel super emotional and things get too much for me to handle, and I just need to see and spend time with my family. Everything is fine, but I just wanted to come home (and a lot of my friends went home this weekend!). 


 As you may or may not know, on February the 1st, I left my teenage years and became an adult. I AM FINALLY 20!!! In honour of my complete 2nd decade on earth, I felt like writing down some of the things or times that happened before I was 20 that I want to remember in many years to come. As I've said from the beginning, this blog is somewhere where I would like to indulge in my own personal memories, as to not forget. So, I feel like its important to remember the things that happened before 20 in order to help me remember! This blog may seem like a list of all the things I'm "bragging" about, but honestly I feel so privileged to have been able to experience half the stuff that I have been!


My first big, main achievement that comes to mind is getting into University. I am currently studying at one of the top 10 universities in the UK, which to me is a huge well done!. I feel that I worked tremendously hard to get here, as all throughout school I did all of my homework, battled through exams, and finished my GCSES with high enough grades to get into sixth form, which led me to doing four AS levels and three A2 levels. After attempting (and completing!) those two crucial years at school, I had a nail biting summer in which I anticipated my results - and hard work pays off! I got my place secured at my top choice university, and have been here now for just over a year and half. I honestly am so happy here, I have an amazing group of friends which I would not have met if I hadn't achieved what I have!


I guess with the achievement of getting into University meant that I also moved out. So, for the past two years (nearly), I haven't lived at home. After growing up in the same place for 18 years, this was scary and a daunting experience, but I was so excited. I feel that for me it was the right time to move to a new place and experience life in a way that was new and interesting. For the first year at my university I lived in halls, where I lived with 7 other people. I had my own bathroom and had a cute little room. Although I didn't get a long fully with my housemates, I got along with one girl really well and I live with her now. In fact, I basically lived upstairs when I was in halls because thats where the majority of my friends were. Now, I live in a house with 4 girls and have been looking for next year! Moving out was definitely something that I'm glad I experienced before I turned 20.


I also want to remember the excessive travelling my parents have taken me on. I am very privileged to say that during my 20 years on earth, I have been to countless countries and even on 18 cruises! Cruises are my ultimate favourite holiday, and I am so privileged to have been able to travel to places such as Norway, Alaska, The Middle East, The Caribbean and The Mediterranean. Not only this, but my parents have taken me to America, Where I have visited countless states, Canada and even South Africa. I owe my love of travel to them, and hopefully this explains why I want to jump on a plane flying the opposite way around the world and stop off in places such a Thailand and Australia, as well as New Zealand. Here are some of the photos I have taken on my travels:



(Kefalonia, Greece)

(South Africa)

(Dubai)

(Kalkan, Turkey)

(Malaga, Spain)

(Park Guell, Barcelona, Spain)

Another thing to me that I feel like I've achieved is passing my driving test. I feel that this is a big part of your teenage years as it means you have more independence and it can change the rest of your life (literally!). Although it took me a while to pass, on the 1st March 2013 I finally did!, meaning at this exact point in time, I've been a legal driver for 1 year and 11 months and 7 days (As i'm writing this exact paragraph, its Saturday the 7th Feb, 12.09am - Precise). I feel that driving has changed my life, as I can now drive to university and drive home whenever I want, and I can hang out with my friends whenever I want. No more buses in the small little town I grew up in. 

Ofcourse, Ive also experience the everyday teenage things. Relationships, Break-ups, First Kisses etc. I guess without all of my experiences I wouldn't be the confident, happy and strong person that I am today. My past 20 years have had their ups and downs, but I'm excited for what the future brings. 


Happy Sunday! Leave in the comments your favourite memories! Also, What do you feel is your biggest achievement to date?


Love,
 Lucy Victoria xo

Follow me!
Tumblr
Twitter

No comments :

Post a Comment