Wednesday 21 January 2015

I travelled to London!

Hello Everyone!

Yesterday, I decided to take myself on a trip up to London. Seeing as I'm home for few days, I decided that it was a trip that was much needed after exams.

Coming home after exams has been nice, even though it is so soon after Christmas. Its nice to catch up with my family, even though they work and I've been moping around the house, watching films, playing the sims - a favourite of mine (although I would never outright admit that to someone I haven't met before!), eating, sleeping and doing the task that nobody ever wants to do - finding a house at university! Maybe I can make an update on that in the near future!


Anyway, Since I was home, and in the close proximity of London - about an hour train journey away to the centre - I decided that I needed some TLC, and also wanted to explore. I jumped on a train to Sloane Square so I could explore Brandy Melville. Brandy Melville is a shop on Kings Road, and is one of two shops in the UK. They do a range of American style clothes, as it is mainly located in California. They are a laid back style and in a 'one size fits most', and as I'm not 'petite' I didn't expect these clothes to fit me, however there are a range of different styles, such as slouchy tees, vest tops, jumpers, cardigans, crop tops etc, and I wanted to buy the entire store! I ended up purchasing a t-shirt and one necklace - as the jewellery is affordable and so cute. 






*Brandy Melville doesn't have an online website yet, but they have an instagram and a twitter account, so be sure to check those out!

I then headed up to Oxford Street. I normally enjoy being in places like London but I can't stand crowds that are all rushing to get somewhere. I went into New Look to exchange shoes, and then wandered into Forever 21 for an explore. I love Forever 21 for its cheap prices and quality clothes, however yesterday I couldn't find anything that interested me and therefore decided not to buy anything. I also brought some scrunchies for a friend from Accessorize, which I really like and may have to purchase these 90's favourites for myself. 



After, I went to explore Covent Garden. I honestly think this is one of my favourite places to go in London. Its got quite a good atmosphere, with many street performers in the evening and all day on the weekend. Theres also loads of theatres around the area, and a few I really want to see right now are Matilda, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and The Lion King. Maybe I can convince my parents to come with me! Click here to go to Covent Gardens website!



I went into a cute little coffee shop/Belgian Bakery called 'Le Pain Quotidien' (which means Daily Bread). It was cold weather yesterday so I got a warm hot chocolate, where you got a hot cup of milk and cream and a little pot of warm chocolate, meaning you could pour as much chocolate in as you wanted! I also accompanied this with a Belgian Waffle, which was delicious. I would definitely recommend this!



After this, I decided to travel home. But today in London made me realise a few things:
1. Large crowds who are rushing to places are not my thing! Why do people who are not working feel the need to RUN past you on an escalator, or RUN past you to get to the train which isn't even at the platform yet?!?
2. No matter where you go in London, you are not by yourself. There are thousands of people with you.
3. You will get lost, but do not worry. Explore, take in the surroundings and enjoy where you are, as this may be the only time you'll every be there!

London is for sure a city thats close to my heart as I've grown up near here for 19 years. I don't think that I'd want to live there, but I love visiting and going shopping. 

Where's your favourite places in London? and What is your favourite City? 
Leave then in the comments below!

Lucy Victoria xo

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/13493397/?claim=k6gpp833bbw">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

2 comments :

  1. Lovely photos :) I don't know what my favorite place is. I've never been there. But I'm super excited to book a trip :P ttp://www.alanaandkyra.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! London is definitely one of the prettiest cities I've been too! Especially at night(:

    ReplyDelete