Wednesday 28 January 2015

30 Day Shred, Exeter & House Hunting!

Hello!

 I recently started University again, so back to lectures I go! My timetable is pretty intense on Mondays and Tuesdays, so I've been fairly tired these past two days! I have Wednesdays and Thursdays off though..so I guess that makes up for it!


 I've just started to do the 30 day shred, by Jillian Michaels, which is all on Youtube (Check out level one here!). Basically, the first 10 days you do an 'easy' workout (which is by no means easy), the 2nd 10 days you do a 'medium' workout, and the last 10 days you do a 'hard' workout. I am dreading the next few weeks! I am in so much pain!! I can't walk to fast, but I feel so so good. Me and my housemate are going to do it together, so hopefully we can motivate each other. I'll give you an update on how well I thought that it worked when I'm done!




 I've also tried to eat healthy recently. Im a big chocolate lover - but I love water so I guess that helps. I've got lots of couscous, vegetables and soup, and hopefully I can stick to this. Im going on holiday to Bahrain soon (as one of my best friends lives out there), and then I'm heading to the Caribbean later on in the year. For these, I want to be as fit as possible and I want to look nice. I don't necessarily need to 'lose weight', but I want to tone up for myself and be able to feel comfortable and confident.  


 I recently visited Exeter for a friends birthday. She studies at University there, so it was interesting to go back into halls (as I'm no longer a fresher) and see how things are different there compared to where I am. Her halls were lovely, so it was quite homely to be there. The rooms were big enough for myself and a friend to stay in them, so that was nice. We went to Cote Brasserie (Website here), opposite Exeter Cathedral, and the food was flawless. I had the garlic bread to start with, followed by the Risotto Vert. I would have had a dessert but I was absolutely stuffed! If you're ever in the area where there is a Cote Brasserie (London definitely has some too!), definitely stop off and have dinner here. 




 Now that I'm back to normal at University, its time to start looking at houses for next year. Myself and 5 others are looking at 6 bedroom houses for next year, and let me tell you, you can find some absolutely awful things. The other night we viewed a house which was covered in mould. Not only this, but the carpet was ripped up and the kitchen was tiny. Infact, half the kitchen was in the living room! Half the rooms were currently unoccupied, and it makes me question if the landlords actually have a look round the properties!? Mind you, we looked at another one today and that was better, except one of the rooms smelt like a piece of old pepperoni! Gross. 

 Tonight I am celebrating for my birthday which is on Sunday. I can't quite comprehend that I'm not going to be a teenager anymore. I feel like I've achieved so many things, but for another 80 years (I hope!) imagine how much is going to change! I guess thats all to come. My family are visiting from home this weekend, so it'll be nice to see them for a meal and then have a nice stay in a hotel! It'll be nice to go out with all my friends tonight, so I need to have a nap!

So, tell me where your favourite places to go out to eat are, and also if anyones ever house hunted, tell me your stories on the worst houses you've ever come across!

Lucy Victoria xo



No comments :

Post a Comment