Tuesday 1 March 2016

Where Have I Been?!

Hello!

 It's crazy how life can just pass by sometimes and we have no idea what we're missing. For me, my life since September has been pretty manic. I feel like time is just going quicker than I can keep up with, which is sometimes crazy because thats not the kind of thing that I normally think!

 Since September, quite a few things have happened. I finally entered my 3rd year at university, which is something that I couldn't have even dreamed of doing 6, 7 or 8 years ago. I am graduating in 4 MONTHS. WHAT?! That is insane. So, this year (and before christmas), I've been trying to focus on my dissertation, as well as keeping well up to date with assignments and readings. For those of you that attend a British university (and others, which I'm just not sure about), you'll know what a dissertation is. Sometimes it's longer, and sometimes its shorter, but at the end of the day its normally a 10000 word document on a topic of your choice. All I've been doing is working on that, working on assignments, and trying to get by without losing my university lifestyle, as come May after my exams, that'll be over.

 Not only this, but in February I turned 21. My final youth goodbye. I am now legal to drink in every country, as well as do many other things. As a celebration for this, I had a manic weekend. Whilst I came home from university to have a family party - a murder mystery! - I then came back to University to go out with my friends. Ironically, turning 21 meant that I also turned into the unluckiest person ever (or so I believe, and please let me do this). In the past week alone, I lost my new iPhone, broke my engraved wineglass that my friends bought for my university, and found out that I didnt do so well in an exam I sat in January. Hence, lots of meetings, lots of disappointment (mostly because of myself), and lots of time consuming activities.

 On a brighter note, I went to the Caribbean this christmas and New Years and it was BEAUTIFUL. The weather, the Islands and the boat (I was on a cruise) all made the 2 weeks completely epic. Visiting the Caribbean 6 years exactly after my original Caribbean holiday, I found that it was exactly how I remembered it. Except I could drink now, and my nights (and the odd day), are much more hazy. It's weird how much you remember stuff when you go that far apart, but I can honestly say I had a great time.

 Today also marks the 3rd year I've had my drivers license, which although seems like the most mundane thing, I found it quite difficult to pass!

 Anyway, clearly this year there is a few exciting things which will be occurring. In a little under 6 weeks, (which ironically is when I must have my dissertation done by...YIKES) I will be visiting California. California is one of my favourite states, and LA is one of my favourite places ever. Now, experiencing it whilst I can drink will be another crazy experience and I'm excited to explore the nightlife of Los Angeles, but mostly Santa Monica. Another place I'll be visiting on this trip is Palm Springs, followed by a weekend at the Coachella Festival. I cannot explain how excited I am, and to share this experience with my family will be crazy! In addition to this trip, In June I will be visiting Ibiza with my friends family, for 8 days which will be exciting. I will also be cruising a few times, so that'll be super exciting as well! Lastly, I graduate in July! So, whilst I patiently wait to see which day I will be walking the stage, my parents are slowly going crazy seeing if they'll be able to attend Latitude Festival!  I also want to travel with my two best friends from home, so maybe that'll entitle a crazy Poland trip, as thats somewhere I really want to go to!

 Hopefully I'll keep you updated now, as I am VERY disappointed at my lack of posts. Whoops. Sorry!
 L x

No comments :

Post a Comment