Monday 2 February 2015

I Turned 20!

Hello Everyone!

 What a busy weekend I've had! Yesterday it was my 20th birthday, so where I'd normally write a Sunday post, I've been quite busy and have not had the chance yet!


 I've had a packed weekend full of my family and friends. On Saturday night, my parents, sister and I stayed in a hotel and we went to a pub/restaurant called The Goat (Website). Ive always wanted to visit here as long as I've known its been around and was happy that I got the opportunity to. Inside, there was live music and the food was lovely. We had 3 tapas style starters (Whitebait- My mums favourite, BBQ chicken wings and Curried goat skewers) which we shared between the four of us. My favourite were the curried goat skewers, although they were really spicy. My family all had burgers for their main courses, but I decided on a roast rump of lamb because thats what I fancied. My mum and I had a bottle of white wine, and the water was given in these little vase bottles. They were so pretty. Inside, the whole restaurant was very rustic, with a wooden but homely and warm feel to it. If you're ever in the area and you see one of these restaurants, take the opportunity and go (although you might have to book in advance!) 




 By the time that we had finished eating, it was quite late (and nearly my birthday), so we just went back to the hotel. My sister and I went into my parents room for a little bit, but then decided to go back to ours and watch TV. The Inbetweeners was on, so we watched 2 episodes and then it was time to sleep. During this time, it had hit 12, so I was officially 20, and one of my best friends from uni had stayed up and rung me at midnight. It was so lovely and it made me so excited for the rest of the day. 

 When I woke up on Sunday, my family all went for a full english breakfast in the hotel. It was nice to see them even for a short time as my dad had to fly over to America later in the afternoon. After breakfast we did presents (and I'll update you on those later on!), and then my family drove me home. 

 With my friends in the afternoon I went for cocktails at a bar/restaurant called Turtle Bay (website). At the restaurant its happy hour between 12 - 7 and then 10-close, so we decided to have cocktails at around 4. Heres some of the ones we had:




 These cocktails are the Bahama Mama's, Koko Coladas, Caribbean Mojito's and some others. My favourite cocktail is the Passion Rum Punch, and I could drink it all the time. It is the first one I tried and will not be the last time I have it!! 

 After cocktails, we went to a local pub and had a bottle of wine, then came home for a Chinese takeaway. It was lovely to spend some time with my family and friends over the weekend and to just have some time to relax and chill out!

 Hopefully I can get my posting back on track shortly - who knows, maybe you'll get an extra post here and there!!

 Overall, I had a wonderful weekend celebrating being 20 and I hope there is so many more fun things for me to experience this year!! 

 Heres to 21...

 Lucy Victoria xo

No comments :

Post a Comment